|Semester||W, S||Assessment||Z, ZK|
Fundamental terms, Building information modeling, BIM Execution Plan (BEP), Information Delivery Manual (IDM), Process modeling using Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) and Unified Modeling Language (UML), Advanced Business Process models - Collaboration of processes and choreography diagrams, BIM execution plan - BIM goals and BIM uses. Using BPMN for modeling of BIM overview map and detailed BIM uses map, process modeling for Information Delivery Manual, Data formats for BIM - IFC, IFCXML, COBie, relation databases, data analysis.
Goals of Study:
Goal of the course is to gain knowledge of process modeling and data formats, especially for Building information modeling. This includes ability to analyze and describe processes using Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) standard, understand principles of BIM Execution plan (BEP) creation (especially BIM goals and BIM uses) and ability to make process models of BIM Overview Map and BIM Use Maps within BIM Execution plan. The course will also focus on the description of processes within Information Delivery Manual (IDM). Another goal is to understand and get the ability to model structure of databases and understand data formats used to store BIM models data (IFC/STEP, IFC/Xml).
Outline of Lectures:
1. Explanation of keywords (data, information, knowledge, information system, Process, BIM)
2. Basics of process modeling using Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) and Activity diagrams (UML)
3. Advanced process models using Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN), Collaboration diagrams (BPMN), State machine diagrams (UML)
4. Principles of BIM Execution Plan creation, setting BIM goals and description of BIM Overview Map and BIM Uses using process models, principles of creation and goals of Information Delivery Manual and modelling its processes
5. IFC/STEP format - differences between CAD and BIM data, basic terms (class, entity, object, inheritance principle, validation vs verification, abstract class, attribute), data types of attributes, unique attributes, where conditions, global rules
6. IFC/STEP format - IFC schema specification in Express language, STEP format for storing of IFC data, examples storing of IFC data in STEP format (building elements, geometry, material, planning, metadata, property sets), IFC/Xml basic principles
Outline of Excercises:
1 - 9. Process modeling
10 - 12. Data modeling
ARLOW, J.: UML 2 and the unified process: practical object-oriented analysis and design, 2005
AMBLER, S.: The elements of UML 2.0 style, 2005
Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN). Documents Associated with Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) Version 2.0, 2011
Building Information Modeling Execution Planning Guide. BIM Execution Planning, 2010
Information Delivery Manual Guide to Components and Development Methods, 2010
Building information modeling (BIM), BIM Execution Plan (BEP), Information Delivery Manual (IDM), process modeling, Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN), Unified Modeling Language (UML), BIM goals, BIM uses. BIM overview map, BIM use map, data formats, IFC, IFCXML, COBie, relation databases, data analysis
Teacher: Ing. Kaiser Jiří Ph.D.