|Semester||W, S||Assessment||Z, ZK|
Fundamental terms, Building information modeling, BIM Execution Plan (BEP), Information Delivery Manual (IDM), Process modeling using Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) and Unified Modeling Language (UML), Advanced Business Process models - Collaboration of processes and choreography diagrams, BIM execution plan - BIM goals and BIM uses. Using BPMN for modeling of BIM overview map and detailed BIM uses map, process modeling for Information Delivery Manual, Data formats for BIM - IFC, IFCXML, COBie, relation databases, data analysis.
Goals of Study:
Goal of the course is to gain knowledge of process modeling and data formats especially for Building information modeling. This includes ability to analyze and describe processes using Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) standard, understand principles of BIM Execution plan (BEP) creation (especially BIM goals and BIM uses) and ability to make process models of BIM Overview Map and BIM Use Maps within BIM Execution plan. Course will also focus on description of processes within Information Delivery Manual (IDM). Another goal is to understand and get ability to model structure of databases and understand data formats used to store BIM models data (IFC, COBie).
Outline of Lectures:
1. Explanation of keywords (data, information, knowledge, information system), basics of process modeling using Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN)
2. Advanced process models using Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN)
3. Principles of BIM Execution Plan creation - setting BIM goals and description of BIM Overview Map and BIM Uses using process models.
4. Principles of creation and goals of Information Delivery Manual and modeling its processes, principles of Modeling database structure.
5. Data models of databases and database normalization
6. Data Formats for BIM
Outline of Excercises:
1 - 6. Process modeling
7 - 12. Data modeling
ARLOW, J.: UML 2 and the unified process: practical object-oriented analysis and design, 2005
AMBLER, S.: The elements of UML 2.0 style, 2005
Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN). Documents Associated with Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) Version 2.0, 2011
Building Information Modeling Execution Planning Guide. BIM Execution Planning, 2010
Information Delivery Manual Guide to Components and Development Methods, 2010
MySQL Reference Manuals
Building information modeling (BIM), BIM Execution Plan (BEP), Information Delivery Manual (IDM), process modeling, Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN), Unified Modeling Language (UML), BIM goals, BIM uses. BIM overview map, BIM use map, data formats, IFC, IFCXML, COBie, relation databases, data analysis
Teacher: Ing. Kaiser Jiří Ph.D.